If anyone is feeling friendly, my social media links:
G+ is my favorite but I’m active on the others mostly for business reasons.
a one-stop shop division of Creativity, Inc., http://copyralph.com
Ralph Roberts grew up in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, falling in love with electronics and becoming a ham radio enthusiast (still is today). He’s a decorated Vietnam veteran, studied electrical engineering, worked for NASA during the Apollo program, and did product engineering for aerospace companies.
In the mid-70s – when personal computers came only as kits in boxes – he built his first one. By 1978, Ralph was writing about and on computers, one of the pioneers in word processing. He still does today.
In 1978 Ralph formed the company that became Creativity, Inc. and still serves as CEO. As a national book publisher, the company has released approximately 1,000 titles in the last 35 years and continues publishing.
Ralph’s experience includes:
- Ralph has sold over 20 million words professionally
- … and more than 100 books to national publishers
- … along with thousands of articles and short stories
- He wrote various white papers and other documents while a consultant and then Acting Marketing director for a high tech company owned by Daimler-Benz.
- … and hundreds of business-to-business (B2B) documents of all types for companies large and small.
- Ralph has personally designed the layout and typeset hundreds of books – both for his own company and for other national publishers.
- He spent several years publishing weekly and monthly tabloid newspapers
- He excels in setting up publications of all lengths for the best look in online distribution and/or print.
- He’s expert in and owns the very latest page layout systems, including the entire Adobe Creative Cloud and various versions of more specialized software such as TeX (excellent for typesetting equations and otherwise hard to depict symbols).
- His passion for learning and understanding the why of typesetting modes – ancient and the very latest advances – results in readable and legible documents.
- Ralph has designed hundreds of book covers, sales sheets, catalogs, business cards, you name it.
- He’s at home in Photoshop, having used it continuously since version 1.0 in 1988.
- Being a writer, editor, and publisher gives him great insight in the best placement of illustrations to enhance content.
- Ralph has overseen (and served as publisher) for hundreds of titles under the various imprints of Creativity, Inc. – including Alexander Books, WorldComm®, Farthest Star Science Fiction, and Land of the Sky Books.
- He has decades of experience in supervising multi-thousand-dollar projects and bringing them in.
- He has printed books with most major book manufacturers in the United States and Canada, and done a recent job in China.
- He has published books in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Kingdom of Tonga. And sold foreign rights on other titles to various countries.
Television and Video
- Ralph’s produced hundreds of hours of local television.
- His production companies — 1VIDeo Productions LLC and Land of the Sky Films – have produced over 100 documentaries, sold as DVDs on Amazon.com and from other online vendors.
- He wrote the scripts for the above.
- He’s also sold a handful of scripts to Hollywood producers.
- Ralph has a complete studio, cameras, lights, sound equipment, and all the latest video editing software.
It’s no accident that CopyRalph’s parent company is Creativity, Inc. Ralph combines technical understanding with passionate creativity, resulting in 36 years of success as a professional writer, publisher, editor, and producer. That’s an intangible which livens up business documents and makes them stronger.
What CopyRalph Does
CopyRalph specializes as a one-stop solution for B2B documents. White papers, case studies, entire books, or any other content we can do for you — all, or any portion, from concept to writing to design to publication and printing.
Call or email Ralph today. — firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-676-9835 or use the contact form below.
Find out the joys of one-stopping and receive an introductory discount on your first project.
Just finished, a white paper about white papers. Mystifying but time-tested and still relevant ancient secrets of true readability can be yours with the right guide. Download or read this free report here.
The format of most white papers (and other B2B documents) today simply reproduces obsolete computer screens from the 80s and 90s. Not good. The impact of their content falls short. It tarnishes the brilliant work of writers; it steals the efficiency and comprehensibility of your product or service message.
An entire generation of writers and designers grew up squinting at low-resolution screens. They continue making compromises in selection of typefaces and layout based on those days of flicker and poorly formed characters.
The advanced displays of current computers, tablets, and smartphones – sharp and clear – let us again return to those secrets of readability (revealed in this paper) developed and polished again and again over 5,000 years. The need to compromise is now kaput.
Practically every book, newspaper, and magazine you pick up uses these time-tested concepts – they’ll boost the performance and professionalism of white papers also.
It’s all about readability, most often defined as “what makes some texts easier to read than others.” We expand that meaning to include legibility (typeface and layout). Continue reading Enhancing White Papers with Ancient Secrets
by Ralph Roberts
Like those magic flying carpets of old, selling words creates its own magic. We’re wafted along to unexpected meetings and faraway places. Do they know I’d do this for free?
My favorite writer story involves not me but witnessing the true graciousness of famed horror writer Stephen King. We were both guests at a science fiction convention in Knoxville in 1984. Continue reading On the Wings of Words
CopyRalph is more than just some guy pounding away on a laptop at his kitchen table. Nothing wrong with that and I actually do it sometimes myself, it’s just that we have been selling words for over 35 years and have been reasonably successful. Our sister companies include a book publisher (Alexander Books) and video production companies (1VIDeo Productions and Land of the Sky Films). We have over 6,000 square feet of office space, and lots of equipment including our own servers on the Internet. Contact me (click here) with your copy needs. We exist to make you look good.
Below is me being artistic shooting reflections in the door of one of our server racks. I do things like that. … This website is on one of those servers.
Long or short, you want the write done sparkling right!
Thousands of editors and other clients over the decades have shown me how, sometimes with large sticks. It worked.
We give you what you want, even when you have trouble saying what it is. Fresh, exciting, rewarding copy — copy you can take home to mama for dinner without shame and she’ll give you an order.
What do we do? All sorts of content generation:
- Copy: long, short, in the middle — vivid words getting results! Ads, sales letters, Internet — ask and you shall receive timely, enthusiastic, passionate copy.
- Publishing: books (we’ve published approximately 1,000 and personally scribed over 100), articles (written 1,000s), ebooks, web — whatever you need.
- Ghosting: Want to write but no time to do it? We get it done for you!
- Video: scripts to full productions of documentaries, ads, YouTube, social media, etc. campaigns — hundreds of hours experience. We can do it all or whatever part you need.